If you know me, you know I’m all about the calendar/planner. It keeps me on track. My mind can’t hold all that information in. I believe in writing it down. My calendar holds my daily to do lists, my events for the month, my social media campaigns, my interviews and promotion for SORMAG, my Podcast and Periscope schedule and my personal appointments.
Calendars/planners are great way to maintain your life. I also like that you can go back and look over what you’ve done for the year.
Some people use spreadsheets. I like spreadsheets for my social media posts. I like to change up the content on them monthly.
Spreadsheets are great for maintaining where you promoted. You can create spreadsheets for each month documenting where you promoted, what you did, how much was the promotion, and what were the results of the promotion.
Some people are numbers people. They like to know their numbers. I do things on a quarterly basis, so I like to know how my following is growing. I like to know how many books I sold. Did my ads make any sells?
Knowing my numbers keeps me on task and shows me that my promotion is working.
I created forms for this. You can do the same thing or find some templates you can use.
Sometimes we get caught up in doing, doing and doing that we don’t take time to look at what we actually have done.
- I suggest you take time each quarter and look at what you have completed and what you haven’t completed for the quarter.
- Did you reach your goals for the quarter?
- Do you need to reevaluate your goals?
- Do you need to commit more time to a specific goal?
- Do you need to let a goal go because it’s not attainable?
- Do you need to schedule new goals for the next quarter?
- Did you like what you did for this quarter?
- What were the results of what you did?
- Look at your goals for the next quarter. Delete the goals that didn’t work for you last quarter. Create new ones.
- Do what works for you, not what everyone else is doing.
When you take time to watch what you are doing with your promotion and pay attention to the results, you won’t feel like your promotion isn’t working. Just because you aren’t making sells doesn’t mean your promotion isn’t working. Knowing your numbers and what you are doing will tell you if your promotion is working or not.
If you find that your numbers aren’t growing and your sells aren’t coming in like you want, it’s time to do something different, you can’t continue doing the same thing and thinking you’ll get a new result.
Pay attention to what doesn’t work and what does work. Do more of what works and drop what doesn’t. This will keep you from being overwhelmed and not promoting. I want you being a social butterfly – promoting.
Share how you keep up with what you are doing with your promotion?